Wednesday, September 12, 2007

SEAGA Conference

International conferences aside, I am supposed to attend some regional conferences and the best one for the region in relation to Geography is the Southeast Asian Geography Association Conference.

The next one will be held from 3-6 June 2008, University of the Philippines Diliman, Quezon City.

The theme will be
"Transformations and Embodiments in Southeast Asian Geographies: Changing Environments, People and Cultural Groups, Institutions and Landscapes"
Nothing would suit my honors thesis better.

Topics for paper proposals/panels include the following:
1. environment
2. gender and migration
3. hazards and mitigation
4. development and sustainability
5. culture and politics
6. geographic education
7. urban geography

I'm just going to send in my abstract and wish for the best. Abstracts are due 14 January 2008.

I've asked my prof and he said he would like to attend the conference in the "loooong vacation". bleh. To think I'm supposed to be doing my field work during that time!

I cannot deny that the lure of visiting Mount Pinatubo as one of the field visits of this conference is irresistible!

No comments: