Thursday, November 8, 2007

PhD Application timeline

In order to apply for PhD for Fall 2009, I must start soon.

June 2008 - latest date to do my GRE
Jan 2009 - Deadline for application to Fall 2009 admission (Yale)

I think I will do my GRE soon.

The test site in Singapore is near Science Centre!

INFORMATICS CAMPUS , PROMETRIC TEST CENTER
BLK A LVL3, 10-12 SCIENCE CENTRE ROAD
SINGAPORE 609080

The test is 4 hours long and they only have dates every Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday for every week of the month. However the earliest date available so far is in the end of January 2008! February also have a few weeks available. This is for the computer test of course. The paper test will have quite different scheduling I suppose.

However the cost is really not cheap. It's $170USD for the test! *grumble* one time better be enough! I better be sure before I book a time to take the exam but I have to do it soon because 2008 will be busy time for me. Of course if I intend to work for a year before doing my PhD then that's another story altogether.

Registration Website

No comments: